As one of the most rigorous and physically demanding activities, dancers are often subject to traumatic or overuse injuries.
Effective and long-term benefits of a successful rehabilitation program begins with clinicians that recognize the specific stresses and demands of a particular activity. As physical therapists with backgrounds in multiple dance forms, our perspective on rehabilitation extends beyond a single body part and beyond a single dance style.
We aim to address you and your dancing as a comprehensive whole.
As part of the rehabilitation process, we also seek to educate, inform, and promote communication between all individuals involved (teacher/choreographer/etc), in order to foster and provide a supportive community for your return to injury-free movement and longevity.
A 60-70 minute physical therapy evaluation consists of:
- 1-on-1 conversation with your therapist:
- Medical history
- Movement history
- Your problems/complaints
- Your personal goals
- Physical therapy assessment:
- Postural assessment
- Range of motion and mobility
- Objective diagnostic clinical tests (strength, proprioception, etc.)
- Functional movement analysis (imbalance, weaknesses, mobility, stability, motor control, etc).
- Establishment of an individualized plan as directed by your personal goals
- Frequency of visits
- Patient education
- Home exercise program
"You restored a lot of my confidence in my body's health and my future wellbeing as a dancer, and that's something I can't thank you enough for.